Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So Far, So Good.

So, I actually slept through the night and woke with just a bit of tummy issues. I took a cold shower (not by choice but felt nice), packed my day pack and headed UP the road.

I bought Paul Kagame campaign shirts as Souvies and headed to Nakumat to puchase amazi aconje, bread and juice.

I am drinking Propel water and typing.

So, after the computer I purchased a ticket to Ruhengeri and sat at the bus terminal and fended off people trying to sell me stuff.

I kept using the line I am not white and rich (Muzungu), just white (Muzungu klulouwho). I always get a good laugh.

The bus ride was uneventful. The guy next to me wanted to keep talking and I just wanted to concentrate on not barfing. "Dude, don't you know that I exhausted all of my Kinyarwanda in our first convo?! I don't know anymore!" was going through my head.

I pretended to sleep the last hour.

Once in Ruhengeri I kicked around a bit. I went to the office and talked with Bright and his friend Jeremy. or is it Blight and Jelemy. I am not sure.

Ruhengeri is in the Northern part of Rwanda. It is also mountainous. The temperature today was a bit like October in Minnesota. Then it started to rain. Really, in the dry season. It has only rained once in my 2 months of total travel in Rwanda in June and July.

I went back to the BG and kinda just watched the rain and waited for Greg and Bright. They wanted to take me to a new pizza place in Musanze (new name for Ruhengeri). It is called Volcan Pizza.

When we arrived we met Molly. Molly is a woman we met last summer in Musanze. She is a travel writer from Boston. And she has a whiny voice. Ask Anna Overbo to imitate.

Afterwards I went to sleep. (Getting tired writing, can you tell?)

Cave

Amahoro,

Cave

No comments: