Monday, July 19, 2010

Sunday night and monday

So, not sure my family is even reading so I am wondering why you are. Serious. It's not like I am writing an interesting blog about food, recipes, fashion or anything...


Last night (Sunday) I was invited to my friend Bosco's new home. Bosco is a friend who BSM has supported with money, clothes, etc.. for the past 3 years.

He said largely because of our generosity he now has a full time job (making $300/month) and has a bigger home (for him, his wife Damarse, and 11 children) with electricity (he now has light and a tv) and he can send his children to the local catholic school.

"James, because of you and Dave and the students at your school, my life has changed for the better. I will never be able to repay you."

You already have Bosco.

When I got home I called Bright up and made him talk to me for about 3 hours. I kept telling him things about the US, MN and BSM. He is a kid of a few words (although he understands and speaks English very well)..

We was nervous about where Molly and I would be staying. If we were in the same house and when we would see him. I told him, funny Bright, Molly will be in the bedroom and I will be on the couch like always.

He wants to go to university in the US and have a US girlfriend. I told him Zoe, Poppy, and Iris were off limits!

I told him that he will sit in his own desk (he sits with 2 other students in one desk at his school). I also told him he will share a room with two instead of 59 like at his school.

I had trouble sleeping. My body is not adjusting as fast as I would like. Must be age.

Today (Monday) I went with Hassan and Bright on a 3 hour walk in some of the most beautiful landscape you have ever seen. Serious.

I met again with a widows cooperative squeezed in the middle of banana groves. I gave them photos of our last trip. The smiles were so big as they saw their own faces. I took more and will bring them back next summer with Rwanda11. In fact I purchased 30 of their baskets so our students can use them as a fundraiser for next summer's trip. Everyone is excited to see the next BSM group!

When I got back I had a working dinner with Greg. We went over official guardian documents, medical history and Rwanda11 organization.

I am now writing. It's about 8:30pm.

I leave tomorrow at 6 am for Kampala Uganda then Gulu. I will spend 3 days in Uganda before taking an overnight bus back to Kigali (I should arrive early, early on Friday).

I will then fight with Delta about my ticket home.

Did I mention I hate Delta?

Sorry is this is boring, the grammar is poor and the spelling is messed up. My constant companion of the past 3 hours, Izaac is sitting breathing on me.

Amahoro,

Cave

(Zachary, Zoe, Eli, Poppy and Iris and Molly-I love you)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice work
http://www.gorillatreking.com